40 Facts That Will Make You Incredibly Happy. #24 Is A Guarantee
March 21, 2014
There are tons of websites with fact lists about everything you can imagine, but we particularly like this one. Because this list makes you feel good.
1. Every year, hundreds of new trees grow because of squirrels forgetting where they buried their nuts.
2. There is a basketball court on the top floor of the U.S. Supreme Court Building. It's known as the "highest court in the land."
3. Even if they've never been able to witness it themselves, blind people smile when they are happy. Smiling is a basic human instinct.
4. Cows have best friends and they tend to spend most of their time together.
5. Otters hold hands when they sleep so they don't float away from one another.
6. Also, there's a special pocket in their skin where they carry their favorite rock.
7. Wayne Allwine and Russi Taylor, who respectively voiced Mickey and Minnie Mouse, were married in real life.
9. The Roman Emperor Caligula once declared war on Neptune, the god of the seas. His men ran to the ocean and stabbed at the water.
10. The voice of Winnie the Pooh and Tigger, Jim Cummings, calls children's hospitals in his spare time to cheer up sick children.
11. The day of his assassination, Martin Luther King Jr. got in a pillow fight in his hotel room.
12. There's a prison in Washington that offers inmates pet cats for rehabilitation.
13. Apollo 17 astronaut Gene Cernan wrote his daughter's initials on the surface of the moon. The initials "TDC" are still there, and likely will be for tens of thousands of years.
14. A group of pugs is called a grumble.
15. And a group of hedgehogs is called a prickle.
16. And a group of bunnies is called a fluffle.
17. At one point, very briefly, you were the youngest person on the planet.
18. Cuddling can help wounds heal faster, due to the release of oxytocin.
19. It also releases serotonin, which can improve one's mood and fight depression.
20. Sea horses mate for life and travel holding each other's tails.
21. Not only do gentoo penguins mate for life, but they also spend time finding a pebble to give their mate in order to "propose."
22. Worms communicate by snuggling.
23. Somewhere, someone is having the best day of their life.
24. Norway once knighted a penguin. (The penguin's full name is Colonel-in-Chief Sir Nils Olav)
25. Puffins mate for life.
26. And baby puffins are called pufflings.
27. During the Christmas Truce of 1914, German and British soldiers played a game of soccer in the "no man's land" between trenches.
28. Seventeen-year-old Jackie Mitchell, one of the first female pitchers in professional baseball, struck out both Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig in 1931.
29. There have been studies that show that goats, like us, have accents.
30. Male pups will sometimes let female pups "win" when they play-fight so they can get to know them better.
31. Cats bring you dead animals because they think you're just a crappy cat that can't survive on its own. Cats bring you presents!
32. Dolphins have names for one another.
33. In Welsh folklore, corgis were the preferred method of transportation for fairies.
34. Octopuses actually do make gardens by collecting stones and shiny things and arranging them in the sand. Ringo was right.
35. There is no angry way to say the word "bubbles."
36. The only member of ZZ Top who does not have a beard is the drummer, Frank Beard.
37. The kingdom of Bhutan uses "gross national happiness" as a key national indicator.
38. Newborn giant pandas are about the size of a stick of butter.
39. No two dogs' nose prints are the same, much like human fingerprints.
40. And always keep in mind, no matter how bad you might feel, you'll never be as ugly as the world's ugliest animal: the blobfish.
image credit: unknown
If this list made you feel good, share it!
Little Girl Lip Syncs 'Girls Like You' With Daddy And It's The Cutest Thing Ever
Teacher Finds Messages On Her Student's Pencils
Couple's Maternity Shoot In A Pumpkin Patch Has A Terrifying Ending
US Embassy Accidentally Invites People To Cat Pajama Party
Police Officer's Heartfelt Plea Describes The Side Of The Job You Don't Read About In The News
Three Sisters Are Going As The Hocus Pocus Witches For Halloween
Watch This High School Dance Team's Magical Harry Potter Routine
A Baby Tumbles Down A Hill On Live TV During A Rugby Match
Cat Has Existential Crisis After Magic Trick
Pilot Lands A Plane Sideways At Bristol Airport
Dad Hears Screaming Coming From His Bedroom And Captures The Cutest Video Ever