Ohio Man Pronounced Dead Comes Back To Life After 45 Minutes

August 26, 2013

A family in Ohio said they've witnessed a medical miracle, and a doctor said he's never seen anything like it.

It was quiet outside of Christ's Church in Bellbrook on Tuesday. It was quiet inside, too.

All ears were on Tony Yahle. For the first time, the 37-year-old spoke out about a series of events that have many people using the word "miracle."

"Nobody really has an explanation for it... medically, anyway," he said.

Earlier this month, Yahle's family found his breathing was off and he didn't have a pulse. Family members did CPR and he was eventaully taken to Kettering Medical Center.

The hospital said Yahle was "coded" for 45 minutes as team of medical personnel tried to stimulate his heart.

He was declared dead the afternoon of August 5.

Then he suddenly showed signs of life as nurses prepared him for his family. He would be taken to OSU Medical Center by CareFlite.

"Everybody started telling me how it happened," Yahle said. "That's when I started to understand, you know, a miracle happened."

Right before he woke up, Yahle's 17-year-old son Lawrence spoke to him.

"I pointed at him and I said, 'Dad, you're not going to die today.' I stood there for about a few more seconds. I was about to walk back to comfort the family..."

That's when Yahle started showing signs of a heartbeat.

"It went from hopeless to hope in an instant," Lawrence said.

Yahle's cardiologist said this case is beyond rare."In the last 20 years, I've never seen anybody who we have pronounced dead and actually the patient we saw with no activity once we stopped doing all our efforts and then for him to come back... I've never seen it," Dr. Raja Nazir said. "Actually, I've never heard of it."

It's been the topic of discussion in medical circles.

"Since then I've really shared this experience with a lot of my colleagues, and none of them have ever really heard of this kind of coming back," Dr. Nazir said.

Yahle says there was only one factor at work... it was divine.

"It definitely strengthen my faith, my family's faith, everybody I know's faith," Yahle said. "If it strengthens everybody's faith, then I'll take the lumps for it."

After he was transferred to OSU Medical Center, Yahle was unconscious for five days. He was released from the hospital last Thursday and he says he feels fine.

Source: KENS5.com

Click Here For The Most Popular On Sunny Skyz