Firefighter Eating At Restaurant Notices Carbon Monoxide Symptoms, Saves 32 People
December 14, 2016
An off-duty firefighter was celebrating a friend's 30th birthday on Saturday night when he noticed several people who appeared to be suffering the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.
L: River Ridge Taphouse / R: Stock Photo
Lonnie Wimmer, a Lewisville, NC, firefighter, was eating dinner at the River Ridge Taphouse in Clemmons.
"People came up to us and they had headaches and were feeling nauseous," Wimmer said. "Others were feeling intoxicated and had blurred vision."
Wimmer quickly determined that people were showing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning and Wimmer called the Fire Department for help.
The restaurant was evacuated and paramedics treated about 30 people for exposure to carbon monoxide, said Steve Williams, an assistant fire chief with the Lewisville Fire Department.
A total of 16 people were taken to Wake Forest Baptist and Forsyth medical centers for treatment. All have been released from the hospitals, Williams said.
Little Girl Lip Syncs 'Girls Like You' With Daddy And It's The Cutest Thing Ever
Teacher Finds Messages On Her Student's Pencils
Couple's Maternity Shoot In A Pumpkin Patch Has A Terrifying Ending
US Embassy Accidentally Invites People To Cat Pajama Party
Three Sisters Are Going As The Hocus Pocus Witches For Halloween
Police Officer's Heartfelt Plea Describes The Side Of The Job You Don't Read About In The News
Athlete With Cerebral Palsy Learns He's Been Signed By Nike
Someone Added Hilarious Captions To An Argument Between A French Bulldog And Mom
Watch This High School Dance Team's Magical Harry Potter Routine
Werewolf? Man Films Enormous Wolf During Late Night Drive
A Baby Tumbles Down A Hill On Live TV During A Rugby Match