Learning Is A Good Thing
By Rod Williams • August 4, 2017
Some of the best lessons I’ve learned were when I was on the ground looking up. Something put me on my butt, and it was up to me as to what to do with the event. I could stay on the ground and flounder in the emotion that put me there, or I could stand up, brush myself off, assess the situation, and learn from it. Here are a few of my favorite lessons.
1. There are things that happen in my life that I just cannot fix. Learning to accept them leads to better things in the future.
2. Kindness is a mindset that changes the world.
3. Inspiration is all around me, if I just pay attention.
4. Money does not make the world go round.
5. You can’t save everyone. Some do not want to be saved.
6. I am responsible for my actions.
7. Listening is an acquired skill.
8. Bad things happen. That’s just part of life.
9. I learn more from listening than I do talking.
10. Seldom if ever has shooting my mouth off before thinking resulted in a positive outcome.
11. Intuition is one of the best tools I have in my tool kit of life. If something feels right, it typically is right. If something feel wrongs, it most likely is wrong.
12. Sometimes bad things just happen; however, the reaction and response is all mine.
13. Changing my thinking has definitely changed my life.
Have anything to add to the list?
This Mother Bear Doing Her Best To Get Her Cubs Across The Road
Man On Walk Shares Wholesome Photos Of Dogs Posing For Group Photo On Bridge
'I Feel Loved Every Single Day': Daughter Pens Heartfelt Thank You For Adoptive Parents
Professor Shares The Best True Excuse A Student Used For Missing An Assignment
The Obituary Of Matt Groening's Mother Explains The Origins Of The Simpsons
Shaquille O'Neal Buys Engagement Ring For Random Store Customer
This Dog Hiding Blueberries In His Mouth Is Going To Make You Laugh
This Conversation Between A Pregnant Woman And Man At A Bus Stop Will Bring You To Tears
Husband Roasts Wife For Her Overuse Of Lip Stick
Husband Puts Baby Powder In Wife's Hair Dryer On April Fool's Day