Learning Is A Good Thing
By Rod Williams • August 4, 2017
Some of the best lessons I’ve learned were when I was on the ground looking up. Something put me on my butt, and it was up to me as to what to do with the event. I could stay on the ground and flounder in the emotion that put me there, or I could stand up, brush myself off, assess the situation, and learn from it. Here are a few of my favorite lessons.
1. There are things that happen in my life that I just cannot fix. Learning to accept them leads to better things in the future.
2. Kindness is a mindset that changes the world.
3. Inspiration is all around me, if I just pay attention.
4. Money does not make the world go round.
5. You can’t save everyone. Some do not want to be saved.
6. I am responsible for my actions.
7. Listening is an acquired skill.
8. Bad things happen. That’s just part of life.
9. I learn more from listening than I do talking.
10. Seldom if ever has shooting my mouth off before thinking resulted in a positive outcome.
11. Intuition is one of the best tools I have in my tool kit of life. If something feels right, it typically is right. If something feel wrongs, it most likely is wrong.
12. Sometimes bad things just happen; however, the reaction and response is all mine.
13. Changing my thinking has definitely changed my life.
Have anything to add to the list?
Husband Begs Wife To Tell Him It's A Joke During Hilarious Pregnancy Reveal
Police Say It's The Best Senior Prank They've Ever Seen
Here's Everything You Should Have By Age 35
He Finally Found His Birth Mother, And Discovered She Owned A Restaurant Named After Him
Dog Adopts 9 Ducklings Who Were Found Wandering Around A Castle Alone
Her Son Was The Only Black Kid On The Court. Suddenly, Everyone Approached Him
A Cat Running On The Baseball Field Ends Up Saving 38,000 Lives
Dad Learns His Daughter's Dance Routine So He Could Help Her If She Forgot
A Bad Lip Reading Of The Royal Wedding
Elmo Singing 'Africa' By Toto Might Be The Happiest Video On The Internet
He Buys 5,400 Balls At Toys-R-Us On Clearance And Gives His Dog The Best Day Ever