What Makes Us Happy
By Red • October 31, 2014
I have been practicing the art of happiness long before doing this research. The thing that helped me the most at becoming a happier person being appreciative of what I have. This single technique transformed me into a completely different person. Being appreciative also helped me rid of "If I X, I will be happy" thoughts. It is very important to understand that we are capable of being happy in the now.
What can we do to become happier?
- Forgive and forget. Don't hold grudges
- Create strong relationships with friends and family
- Have a passion and develop a skill
- Don't compare yourself selves to others. (Facebook)
- Love yourself. (compliment yourself. recognize your positive characteristics)
- Be appreciative and grateful for the big and little things in life. Create a list at least once a week of the things you are appreciate.
- Be optimistic
- Don't predict when you will happy/unhappy. We tend to overestimate when we will be happy/unhappy. Avoid phrases such as "I will be happy when X" and "I would be much happier if I was Xing".
Things that we think will attain us happiness, but does not
- Money. Money doesn't make you happy, but the lack of money makes you unhappy. (In other words, unless you are in poverty, money isn't very important)
- Personal aesthetic (how great our hair looks, how great our outfit is today, etc.)
- Material possessions
Take everything in this post with a grain of salt. Most of the information provided is from scientific research, but I also took some notes from some less credible sites.
When The Security Guard Gets In The Way Of A Cheerleading Routine
He Photobombed His Girlfriend For A Month, Taking Engagement Ring Pictures Without Her Noticing It
Ted Lasso Supports The US Soccer Team With Messages On Billboards In Players' Hometowns
Behold The Carrot! A Fisherman Caught This Giant Goldfish In France
This Guy Is Selling A Framed Photo Of Himself On Facebook Marketplace
Meet Long and Phung: The Diaper-Wearing Duck Brothers Who Love Going To The Mall
Fishermen Rescue Man In Ocean Who Had Been Treading Water For 24 Hours
Husband Returns Home From Grocery Store With 44 Pound Block Of Cheese
This Baby Is Having A Very Important Conversation With Dad
Amazon Delivery Driver Vs Garage Chicken
Group Of Girls Surprise Woman Crying Alone At Dinner