Firefighter Eating At Restaurant Notices Carbon Monoxide Symptoms, Saves 32 People
December 14, 2016
An off-duty firefighter was celebrating a friend's 30th birthday on Saturday night when he noticed several people who appeared to be suffering the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.
L: River Ridge Taphouse / R: Stock Photo
Lonnie Wimmer, a Lewisville, NC, firefighter, was eating dinner at the River Ridge Taphouse in Clemmons.
"People came up to us and they had headaches and were feeling nauseous," Wimmer said. "Others were feeling intoxicated and had blurred vision."
Wimmer quickly determined that people were showing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning and Wimmer called the Fire Department for help.
The restaurant was evacuated and paramedics treated about 30 people for exposure to carbon monoxide, said Steve Williams, an assistant fire chief with the Lewisville Fire Department.
A total of 16 people were taken to Wake Forest Baptist and Forsyth medical centers for treatment. All have been released from the hospitals, Williams said.
The Look On This Man's Face Is Priceless After Touchdown With BYU Football Team
Family Writes Hilarious Obituary For Prankster Dad
Maid Of Honor Wears T-Rex Costume At Sister's Wedding
Photographer Captures Adorable Moment Squirrel Stops To Smell The Flowers
Deer Photobombs Couple's Wedding Photos
A Woman Dialed The Wrong Number And It Was The Best Mistake Ever
The World's Most Dramatic Dog Gets His Nails Clipped
Mom Secretly Films Hilarious Video While Sister Is Babysitting
Jimmy Fallon And J-Lo Perform The History Of Music Video Dancing
High School Dance Team Performs Epic Avengers Dance Routine
Man Catches Another Rider's Phone In Mid Air On Roller Coaster