Pit Bull Saves Owners From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
January 22, 2018
A couple in Lakeview, New York, is crediting their pit bull for saving their lives.
Ruby the pit bull
"Typically she only barks for one reason, and that's if someone is at the door," Ronene Ando told CBS News.
So Thursday night, when Ruby wouldn't stop barking, Ando and her husband knew something was wrong.
"That went on for about an hour and a half, and I guess at that point, I knew something was up. She got up and went downstairs,she opened up the gate and was standing down there."
The Andos had put a propane heater in their basement recently, and immediately Ando smelled propane. Ruby picked up the smell and got her owners attention before carbon monoxide poisoning could occur.
"Probably if it weren't for Ruby, I can't say, I don't know," Ando said.
"The breed has a bad rap - they are very protective. They are really amazing dogs if they are trained well and kept active."
Now the Andos are forever grateful for what they call "their life-saver."
Little Girl Lip Syncs 'Girls Like You' With Daddy And It's The Cutest Thing Ever
Teacher Finds Messages On Her Student's Pencils
Couple's Maternity Shoot In A Pumpkin Patch Has A Terrifying Ending
US Embassy Accidentally Invites People To Cat Pajama Party
Police Officer's Heartfelt Plea Describes The Side Of The Job You Don't Read About In The News
Three Sisters Are Going As The Hocus Pocus Witches For Halloween
Watch This High School Dance Team's Magical Harry Potter Routine
A Baby Tumbles Down A Hill On Live TV During A Rugby Match
Cat Has Existential Crisis After Magic Trick
Pilot Lands A Plane Sideways At Bristol Airport
Dad Hears Screaming Coming From His Bedroom And Captures The Cutest Video Ever