Chance The Rapper Announces $1 Million Donation To Chicago Public Schools
March 7, 2017
Chance the Rapper held a press conference at Westcott Elementary School in Chicago on Monday to announce that he is donating $1 million to Chicago Public Schools.

Photo credit: Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic
"Our kids should not be held hostage because of political positions," he said.
The announcement follows his meeting with Illinois governor Bruce Rauner last week, where they discussed public education and other important issues affecting the city of Chicago and Illinois as a whole.
"Illinois' education system is one of the most severely underfunded in the nation," Chance The Rapper wrote on the website Social Works. "After years of being underfunded, the Chicago Public Schools system has been forced to cut teachers, supplies, and after school programs. Despite having already cut $260 million in costs internally, CPS was left a $215 million gap in their budget as of May 2016."
Watch the press conference below.
— Lil Chano From 79th (@chancetherapper) March 6, 2017
Dogs Are Forced To Wear The Things They Steal — And It’s Hilarious
Meet Nazgul: The Dog Who Crashed An Olympic Ski Race And Nearly Won
Bill Murray Says This Painting 'Saved His Life' — And It Still Inspires Visitors Today
Professor Watches His Student Compete At The Olympics After She Requested An Extension On An Assignment
He Lost Everything And Had To Give Up His Dog — Then Strangers Brought Her Back Home
10 Powerful Inventions Where Helping Others Came Before Profit
James Van Der Beek Has Passed. But What He Said Before He Died, We All Need To Hear
Snowplow Driver Spots Two Boys Shoveling — Then Reverses To Help
He Ordered A Doctor Bag — But The Size Has Him Laughing Uncontrollably
Mom Red Fox Calls Her Adorable Pups Out For The First Time
Woman Stunned By Valuation Of Rare Māori Jade Hei-Tiki Found In Her Garden
