How My Life Changed Since I Stopped Drinking
By The Voyage Time • June 27, 2017
The way alcohol is marketed they make it seam that as long as you are not sleeping on a cardboard box on a rainy sidewalk, you don't have a problem, but drinking, at least like the way I did, had so many consequences it is truly astounding to see, now that I have space from my drinking days.
I got sober 416 days ago and my life has completely turned around in so many ways it is kind of crazy. I will just list a few things that have changed since I stopped drinking:
- I use to drink because I was 'bored' with life/the world. I would wake every morning with a hangover and say 'shit I gotta do this again..." Now I get up every morning clear headed, full of energy and when I lay down at night I say 'shit I wish I had more time in the day to do everything I want to do...'
- I lost 58 pounds.
- I went through 3 months of credit card bills and saw I spent on average $37 a day on alcohol 7 days a week. I have been sober 416 days so that is $15,392 not spent on alcohol
- I use to think I was a high-functioning alcoholic, because I kept a job. Well since I quit drinking I got a 26% raise at work (my manager said, 'I don't know what you did but you are kicking ass'), plus because I am not hung over I am more productive at work, and my job has an incentive program where I get paid more for being more productive. This means I have increased my yearly income by about $25,000-$30,000
- I use to start my nights drinking at fancy restaurants because I would sit there at the bar and drink $12 glasses of wine, and look at all the fancy people and say 'I don't have a problem because look at how sophisticated I am, I am not drinking malt liquor from a bottle at the park' Now I prepare dinner every night for my wife and baby and no longer partake in the delusion that you can't have a drinking problem if you have money.
- I fixed my relationship with my family, and am now speaking to everyone, whereas I had not spoken to my brother for 2.5 years because I said stupid shit to him, and other family members when I was drunk.
- I have found a profound sense of peace that I have not experienced since I was a child.
Literally everything in my life is better since I stopped drinking.
Dad Working 3 Jobs Surprises Daughter With Dream Dress For 8th Grade Dance
This Cat Returned Home With A Baby Opossum On Her Back
Mom Puts Up Signs Asking To Borrow Someone's Orange Cat
Old Coots Give Free Advice At Local Farmer's Market
Happy Dog Steals The Show At Owners' Wedding
Arnold Schwarzenegger's Message To A Depressed Stranger Completely Changed The Man's Life
This Sheep In A Tire Swing Is Going To Make Your Day
Watch Missy Elliot's 'Funky White Sister' Sing 'Work It' At A Park
Restaurant Serves Smoked Watermelon And It's Prepared Just Like Meat
Little Girl Reads Her Favorite Book To Her Cat And He's Loving It
Steve Harvey Can't Believe This Man's Real Name, Then He Meets His Father