How My Life Changed Since I Stopped Drinking
By The Voyage Time • June 27, 2017
The way alcohol is marketed they make it seam that as long as you are not sleeping on a cardboard box on a rainy sidewalk, you don't have a problem, but drinking, at least like the way I did, had so many consequences it is truly astounding to see, now that I have space from my drinking days.
I got sober 416 days ago and my life has completely turned around in so many ways it is kind of crazy. I will just list a few things that have changed since I stopped drinking:
- I use to drink because I was 'bored' with life/the world. I would wake every morning with a hangover and say 'shit I gotta do this again..." Now I get up every morning clear headed, full of energy and when I lay down at night I say 'shit I wish I had more time in the day to do everything I want to do...'
- I lost 58 pounds.
- I went through 3 months of credit card bills and saw I spent on average $37 a day on alcohol 7 days a week. I have been sober 416 days so that is $15,392 not spent on alcohol
- I use to think I was a high-functioning alcoholic, because I kept a job. Well since I quit drinking I got a 26% raise at work (my manager said, 'I don't know what you did but you are kicking ass'), plus because I am not hung over I am more productive at work, and my job has an incentive program where I get paid more for being more productive. This means I have increased my yearly income by about $25,000-$30,000
- I use to start my nights drinking at fancy restaurants because I would sit there at the bar and drink $12 glasses of wine, and look at all the fancy people and say 'I don't have a problem because look at how sophisticated I am, I am not drinking malt liquor from a bottle at the park' Now I prepare dinner every night for my wife and baby and no longer partake in the delusion that you can't have a drinking problem if you have money.
- I fixed my relationship with my family, and am now speaking to everyone, whereas I had not spoken to my brother for 2.5 years because I said stupid shit to him, and other family members when I was drunk.
- I have found a profound sense of peace that I have not experienced since I was a child.
Literally everything in my life is better since I stopped drinking.
Just A Kid In The Car Absolutely Destroying 'Smooth Criminal' On His Ukulele
Physicist Wins Ig Noble Prize For Study On Whether Cats Should Be Classified As Liquids Or Solids
This Weird Looking Cat Is Creeping People Out, But We Think He's Adorable
Police Post Mugshot Of Drug Dealer With Giant Neck. The Comments Are Absolutely Hilarious
Two Cats Won't Give Up On Trying To Enter A Museum
10 Reasons Why You Should Never Trust A Puddle
Two West Virginia Fans Stole The Show At Football Game
Mailman Drops Off Package, Then Waits Patiently For His Friends
Brian May Tears Up While Singing 'Love Of My Life' With The Crowd In Amsterdam
Dad Breaks Down In Tears After Finding His Cat Survived The Wildfire
We Can't Stop Laughing At This Hilarious News Interview Parody