After Working With Terminally-Ill Cancer Patients, Here's A List Of What They Say You Should Appreciate While You're Alive
February 27, 2018
The things my patients say they'll miss the most are NOT seeing the World Landmarks, buying fancy things, that new car, "living it up" party style, etc.
1. Watching my sons throw a baseball.
2. Listening to my grandparents tell stories.
3. My girlfriend surprising me with a kiss on the cheek.
4. Holding my wife in my arms knowing there's no where in the world I'd rather be.
5. Gram's Sunday dinners and the whole family getting together.
6. My dog.
7. Seeing my fiancé smile and feeling his arms wrap around me.
8. My daughter running to me when I get home.
9. The smell of flowers and rain.
10. The day I got married. I said I never would. And then I met her. And now I have to leave her.
11. Smelling the fireplace on Christmas morning with the family.
12. All my friends.
13. Watching my family sleep.
14. The rush of weekday mornings. I know it sounds crazy, but I'll miss it. I'll miss the coffee, the crowded bathrooms, my wife's quick peck goodbye, the kids forgetting their lunch.. you get my point.
15. Rain. Is that weird?.
Notice none of these things cost any money. They don't include technology. They're not grand gestures.
It's human to human (or animals/nature) interaction, something we need more of in world that's becoming more fast paced and less human every day.
So revamp your bucket list. Live in the moment. Put down your phone. Notice the people around you.
Just A Kid In The Car Absolutely Destroying 'Smooth Criminal' On His Ukulele
Physicist Wins Ig Noble Prize For Study On Whether Cats Should Be Classified As Liquids Or Solids
This Weird Looking Cat Is Creeping People Out, But We Think He's Adorable
Two Cats Won't Give Up On Trying To Enter A Museum
Police Post Mugshot Of Drug Dealer With Giant Neck. The Comments Are Absolutely Hilarious
10 Reasons Why You Should Never Trust A Puddle
Two West Virginia Fans Stole The Show At Football Game
Mailman Drops Off Package, Then Waits Patiently For His Friends
Brian May Tears Up While Singing 'Love Of My Life' With The Crowd In Amsterdam
We Can't Stop Laughing At This Hilarious News Interview Parody
This Puppy Forgot How To Bark