Firefighter Eating At Restaurant Notices Carbon Monoxide Symptoms, Saves 32 People

December 14, 2016

An off-duty firefighter was celebrating a friend's 30th birthday on Saturday night when he noticed several people who appeared to be suffering the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.


L: River Ridge Taphouse / R: Stock Photo

Lonnie Wimmer, a Lewisville, NC, firefighter, was eating dinner at the River Ridge Taphouse in Clemmons.

"People came up to us and they had headaches and were feeling nauseous," Wimmer said. "Others were feeling intoxicated and had blurred vision."

Wimmer quickly determined that people were showing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning and Wimmer called the Fire Department for help.

The restaurant was evacuated and paramedics treated about 30 people for exposure to carbon monoxide, said Steve Williams, an assistant fire chief with the Lewisville Fire Department.

A total of 16 people were taken to Wake Forest Baptist and Forsyth medical centers for treatment. All have been released from the hospitals, Williams said.

Like us on Facebook!

Click Here For The Most Popular On Sunny Skyz

feel good videoWatch A Perplexed Beaver Become The Accidental Leader Of 150 Cows

feel good storiesFamily Plays Horror Board Game And Gets More Than They Bargained For

feel good storiesThe 10 Funniest Sibling Photo Recreations On The Internet

feel good storiesIKEA's Brilliant Response To Fashion Company's $2610 Version Of Their $1 Blue Bag

feel good storiesWhat Becoming A Billionaire Actually Feels Like

feel good storiesThis Girl Made A 'Why You Should Date Me' Powerpoint For Her Crush

feel good videoNews Anchors Learn What A 'Furry' Is Live On Camera

feel good videoThis Kitten Was Abandoned, Then A Crow Does Something You've Never Seen

feel good videoThe Internet Can't Handle This Video Of A Baby Adoring His Mom

feel good videoComedian Has To Stop His Routine Because Of The Noise Coming From This Guy

feel good videoWatch A Perplexed Beaver Become The Accidental Leader Of 150 Cows

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!