15 Quotes That Are So Deep, They Will Give You Chills
December 13, 2014
Here's a list of some very powerful quotes that will travel deep down into your soul. Some you may have heard before, others hopefully will be something new for you to sit and ponder.
Photo credit: Flickr
2. "The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."
3. "Years of love have been forgot, in the hatred of a minute."
Edgar Allen Poe
4. "Only the dead have seen the end of war."
5. "History is a set of lies agreed upon."
6. "Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace."
Jonathan Lockwood Huie
7. "The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
8. "If you lose a spouse, you're called a widow, or a widower. If you're a child and you lose your parents, then you're an orphan. But what's the word to describe a parent who loses a child? I guess that's just too f**king awful to even have a name."
Brenda Chenowith from Six Feet Under
10. "Some people die at 25 and aren't buried until 75."
11. "If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea."
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
12. "She was the third beer. Not the first one, which the throat receives with almost tearful gratitude; nor the second, that confirms and extends the pleasure of the first. But the third, the one you drink because it's there, because it can't hurt, and because what difference does it make?"
13. "At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."
14. "When I was a child, my mother said to me, 'If you become a soldier, you'll be a general. If you become a monk, you'll end up as the pope.' Instead I became a painter and wound up as Picasso."
15. "But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?"
See more quotes on Reddit.
This Video Of A 105-Year-Old Meeting His 5-Day-Old Great Grandson Is Bringing Joy To The World
The 12 Funniest Internet Responses To United Airlines
Family Plays Horror Board Game And Gets More Than They Bargained For
The 10 Funniest Sibling Photo Recreations On The Internet
Rogue Stapler Leaves The 4th Floor To Explore The World
This Corgi Ate Pumpkin Seeds, Pooped Them Out, And They Started Growing
This Kitten Was Abandoned, Then A Crow Does Something You've Never Seen
Girl Sings 'Hallelujah' With Lyrics That Tell The Easter Story
The Internet Can't Handle This Video Of A Baby Adoring His Mom
Man On Paddle Board Is Stalked By Curious Orca
4-Year-Old From Daddy-Daughter Duo Sings Beautiful Easter Hymn