By Rod Williams • August 14, 2017
I talk often about people being put in our lives for a reason, and there is always a lesson to be learned by or from them. Some of those people put in our lives are there to make us question why they are there. They are annoying, sarcastic, rude, hurtful, aggravating, and simply drive us crazy. I heard a minister describe them as sandpaper because, God uses them to form and shape us. Of course, some people feel like belt sanders or grinders rather than sandpaper, but they too have a reason being in our lives. They are there to help us learn and grow.
I began thinking about the various people, either currently in or having passed through my life, who worked like sandpaper to shape me. I came up with my own sandpaper list of why I think certain types of people come in and out of our lives. I’m sure there are many other types, but these are mine.
• Did you ever think the people who reached out or asked you for a shoulder when they were crying were really in your life to broaden your ability to love, feel compassion, and care?
• Did you ever think the people who broke up with you or left your life really did not leave at all, but you left them, as there was a new chapter coming in your life that you could not see at the time?
• Did you ever think the people you think talk too much are really in your life to help you learn how to listen?
• Did you ever think the people you believe ask too many questions are really in your life to help you improve your communication skills?
• Did you ever think the people who asked you for a handout or a hand up are really in your life to teach you it’s not your place to judge?
• Did you ever think the people who upset you or made you angry were really put there to help you work on your patience?
• Did you ever think the people who ask for your opinion are really in your life to show you your opinion counts, you are respected, and you add meaning to their world?
• Did you ever think the people you thought were too optimistic or too good were really in your life to show you how kind and generous people can be and show you how you should be treated?
I have a simple question: did you ever think?
Just remember, we all have a purpose and a reason for being in each other’s lives. Sometimes it is not always apparent while they are there, but sooner or later, you will see their purpose like they will see yours in their lives. Pay attention, and make a difference today.
Dad Working 3 Jobs Surprises Daughter With Dream Dress For 8th Grade Dance
This Cat Returned Home With A Baby Opossum On Her Back
Mom Puts Up Signs Asking To Borrow Someone's Orange Cat
Old Coots Give Free Advice At Local Farmer's Market
Happy Dog Steals The Show At Owners' Wedding
Exhausted Firefighters Photographed Napping On The Ground While Fighting California Wildfires
This Sheep In A Tire Swing Is Going To Make Your Day
Watch Missy Elliot's 'Funky White Sister' Sing 'Work It' At A Park
Little Girl Reads Her Favorite Book To Her Cat And He's Loving It
Restaurant Serves Smoked Watermelon And It's Prepared Just Like Meat
She's Been Calling Her Neighbor By The Wrong Name For 14 Years