This Husband's Surprise For His Depressed Wife Perfectly Defines 'For Better Or Worse'
December 10, 2015
A woman struggling with depression recently shared a photo she took of her bedroom mirror, which was apparently the location of choice for her husband to write a sweet reminder that he loves her. She wrote:
"I've been juggling a LOT lately. Trying to do well at work. Just got married. Couldn't afford a wedding. Family is sparse. Falling out with friends.
But, the thing is, amidst all the struggle, my husband has relentlessly tried to cheer me up. I've not been the easiest person to deal with. In fact, sometimes I've lost all hope and even taken my anger out on my husband. But he somehow forgives me every time. I have a long journey ahead of me, and I know he probably realizes I'm depressed. But he holds my hand, and he tries his best.
Today, when I came home from a trip to SF, I flopped onto my bed in tears. I looked to my left and saw these words painted all across my mirror. I think he wanted me to remember how much he loves me. Because he knows how quickly I forget. He knows I struggle to see good in the world, and especially the good in myself. But here it is. A testament and gesture of his love. Damn, I needed it today..."
The list reads:
1. She is my best friend.
2. She never quits on herself or me.
3. She gives me time to work on my crazy projects.
4. She makes me laugh, everyday.
5. She is gorgeous.
6. She accepts the crazy person I am.
7. She's the kindest person I know.
8. She's got a beautiful singing voice.
9. She's gone to a strip club with me.
10. She has experienced severe tragedy yet is the most optimistic person about humanity I know.
11. She has been fully supportive about my career choices and followed me each time.
12. Without realizing it, she makes me want to do more for her than I have ever wanted to do for anyone.
13. She's done an amazing job at advancing her career path.
14. Small animals make her cry.
15. She snorts when she laughs.
"I'm still struggling, but I'm glad I have my other half to help me make it through. It may just be a few words on my mirror, but I'll look at them when I wake up and know I'm not alone. I'll know I have my best friend, my co-pilot in life to help guide me through."
Watch A Perplexed Beaver Become The Accidental Leader Of 150 Cows
Family Plays Horror Board Game And Gets More Than They Bargained For
The 10 Funniest Sibling Photo Recreations On The Internet
Rogue Stapler Leaves The 4th Floor To Explore The World
IKEA's Brilliant Response To Fashion Company's $2610 Version Of Their $1 Blue Bag
What Becoming A Billionaire Actually Feels Like
News Anchors Learn What A 'Furry' Is Live On Camera
This Kitten Was Abandoned, Then A Crow Does Something You've Never Seen
The Internet Can't Handle This Video Of A Baby Adoring His Mom
Comedian Has To Stop His Routine Because Of The Noise Coming From This Guy
After Unusual Bee Attack, Kentucky Farmer Gives The Most Country Interview Ever